- Cut, roll and tape a simple paper cone.
- Fill a small juice glass about 1/3 full of apple cider vinegar. Make sure the cone comes ALMOST but not quite down to the level of the vinegar.
- Add a squirt of dish soap.
- Tape the cone firmly all around the edge with masking tape.
- Set it out anywhere you have an infestation.
Fruit flies adore the scent of rotting or fermenting things – apple cider vinegar is perfect, redolent of stinky fruit. The catch is, when the scent dies down, you probably need to change the trap.
Here they come – suckers!