PLEASE JOIN US! If you teach your kids at home, please add your blog to comments section below!
Other “weekly memes” I participate in that may or may not interest you:
Sorry it’s so late in the week this week. No excuses except I’ve been sick and we’ve been busy. Not so much with schooling, but some. Everything is a great, big blur, but I’ll try to reconstruct the last few days. The important thing is we’re having fun and we’re all learning lots!
- Swimming lessons
- Hebrew Reading/Writing: continue with Kriyah v’Od/קריאה ועוד (Migdalor)
- Election day! (brought kids to vote and showed the ballot)
- Began Chayei Sarah parsha sequencing activity (I wasn’t going to start so early, but Naomi asked if we could)
- Reading practice (one old, one new Bob Book)
- Mock “Family Election” for leader of our family (Naomi won)
- Naomi created ballots most of the afternoon
- Phonics: Explode the Code
- Handwriting Without Tears: Letters and Numbers for Me
- Began reading Charlotte’s Web
- Naomi’s ballet
Tuesday (Ted off)
- Skipped aerobics class; I was out – helping somebody with her computer
- Ted took kids to library
- Ted took kids to Mrs. ViKi
- On her own, Naomi began a series of illustrations for the “Princess & the Pea” story.
- Continued “Princess and Pea” illustrations
- Art class with Ted (I went out to tutor Hebrew)
- Continued Charlotte’s Web
- Davening (finally!)
- Science: Mixed & baked caterpillar cookies
- Science: Reviewed similarities and differences between ANTS and BUTTERFLIES while the kids ate their cookies!
- Science/Handwriting: Butterfly words copywork
- Science: Cut & Assembled Butterfly Life Cycle magic window from Lapbook Lessons (more butterfly stuff here)
- Reading practice (one old, one new Bob Book) (works best if we do it first thing in the morning)
- Math: Begin Judy Clock Time-Telling Activity Book
- Math: Miquon Orange & rods
- Begin weekly parsha
- Outdoor time
- Science: Ants/Butterflies Venn Diagram to reinforce “same/different” discussion from today
- Science/Reading together: Continue “butterflies” reading selections or video,
- Science: summary/narration
- Science: complete reading/library log
- BRCD Sign with Young Children
- Parsha Review
- NEW: Parsha Narration & illustration – I hope!
- Gdcast parsha video (yes, it’s a reward for getting to the narration)
I’d love to see what YOUR Jewish homeschool family is up to this week!
Resources we’re enjoying this week:
My own homemade printables (click for full-size):