Parsha narration (out of order, with LOTS of complaining because Elisheva was in the room, but nicely worded and clear once she actually started talking). Clockwise from top left: Jewish King in chariot with Torah scrolls, Soldiers who can’t go to war, Wasting a crumpled bag, Killing a calf to atone for a murder.
So many complicated themes in this week’s parsha. I just went with what My First Parsha Reader had to say, even though I know it misses out on a lot. We also watched the G-dcast, parsha, of course. Way above their heads, as usual…
I’m actually doing SOME of the cooking this week. More than I have all summer, it seems like. Here, I’ll show you all my dishes in GREEN and Ted’s in MAROON.
- Soup w/kneidlach
- Chicken and rice (baked on sticky rice with french-fried onions on top – yummy!)
- storebought Egg Rolls
- Elisheva – chocolate chip cookies with lentils instead of chips
- Me – marble cake (new recipe: I googled Pareve Marble Cake and this is what came up!)
- Ted wanted to make cholent, but I’m shvitzing – no way!
- BBQ Chicken salad (out of the cholent chicken)
- Sliced meats
- Potato Salad
- Store-bought chickpea salad
- Asian Broccoli salad w/crispy-fried ramen bits
- Desserts from night
Okay, so it doesn’t look like I’m doing all that much when you break it down like that… but like I said, it’s MORE.
- Parsha Poem for Shoftim
Sounds like lots of food.ReplyDelete