I guess I’m feeling week with this week’s minor infusion of cash, because I gave in to yet another impulse and invested in an eBook reader (obnoxiously called an ereader for short).
It’s a Kobo Touch, and it’s purple… most stores are sold out of the good colours, but I think purple is perfect. And it’s quilted.
What’s on it, so far?
Library Freebies (expire in 3 weeks):
- Moonlight on the Magic Flute (Magic Tree House book)
- Beverly Cleary – A Girl from Yamhill (her memoir)
- Helena Andrews – Bitch is the New Black
- Jen Calonita – Secrets of my Hollywood Life
(now you know my secret – when I’m super-tired, I love reading “Young Adult” fiction… aren’t we ALL young adults, at heart???)
- John Holt – Common Objections to Homeschooling (this page, converted to a PDF)
- McGuffey’s First Eclectic Reader (Naomi Rivka’s current reading book)
- Practical Lessons in the Use of English for Grammar Schools, by Mary F. Hyde
- The Seven Little Sisters Who Live on the Round Ball that Floats in the Air, by Jane Andrews
- A Child’s Geography, three free sample chapters
- Are Public Schools an Option for Christian Kids? a long essay I’ve been meaning to read from The Old Schoolhouse. I’m assuming their answer will be no, but I’d like to know more.
- Ruth Beechick, A Biblical Home Education; I had to buy ONE title, the library doesn’t carry Ruth Beechick, it was cheap, and really, isn’t a Biblical Home Education exactly what we’re trying to provide???