Postscript: If you want, you can see how it all turned out!
Yup, it’s been a while, but I’m hoping to make another lapbook! Despite the fact that it’s Chanukah, which is one of my least-beloved holidays because, well, the connotations. “Holiday season” and all that. Humbug!
Outside links (let me know if you know of others!):
- Homeschoolshare has a free Chanukah lapbook. We’re probably not going to use the whole thing, but there are some components I like…
- Our Jewish Homeschool Blog has a bunch of great ideas for Chanukah in her printable packet here.
- A few useful ASL signs for Chanukah printable here which could be incorporated into a lapbook or used in some other way.
- And, of course, there are my own Chanukah printables here.
Here are a few things we’ll be including in our lapbook…
- Dreidel game rulebook: not very interactive, but cute format.
Chanukah/Maccabees story accordion (blank)
- No, we’re actually using this one, shrunk down to 4-up size
- How is Chanukah celebrated? Cute petal book
- Chanukah foods cards in pocket (no recipes)
- Where in the world is Israel? (shutter fold with map inside)
Other ideas I haven’t quite figured out yet:
- My Chanukah five senses (based on this one)
- Hebrew vocabulary, maybe based on New Words Flap?
- popsicle-stick Menorah of some kind…
For the cover, I figure I’ll have Naomi do a handprint menorah picture like this one. And write a title neatly as well.
We won’t have too much time… we’re finishing up our Frogs science unit this week, and then I figure we’ll do Chanukah for 2 weeks, then work our way up to Human Body, introducing it with an All About Me unit just for fun.
I’m skipping some of the animal units in our Living Learning Science curriculum because if we do them all, we won’t have time to do human body before Pesach. Believe it or not… it’s not exactly close, but since we’ll have to stop for Purim also, there isn’t THAT much time left in the year!!
(after Pesach, we’ll hopefully pick up the Living Learning Science with PLANTS – and what a great time of year for it!!!)
Oh I like this! I have been wanting to do a lap book, and this one looks like fun. Thanks!ReplyDelete
Thanks! I just posted a few Chanukah-related things of my own as well. Hope they're helpful!ReplyDelete