Woke up this morning to discover that Ted had posted a little list of Shabbos food for both meals on the fridge… not food he’d MADE, you understand. Food he WANTED.
So I set about, at 9 am, creating as much as possible from the list. I just sat down, because I had to… it’s almost 5 pm, and I feel like I have been working non-stop.
Except where otherwise noted, just about everything is DONE!
- Soup w/kneidlach
- He wrote chicken, I made Apricot Sauce Chicken from aish.com.
- Corn (still to do)
- Ted wrote apple kugel, I subbed Israeli couscous
- Sweet potatoes (still pondering whether there’s time to make these)
- I added a pareve dessert – banana cake
- Quiche (spinach) (but I used frozen Bodek spinach instead of fresh)
- Lettuce salad
- Cholent (still to do… sigh)
- Green bean salad (still to do)
- Baked honey-mustard salmon
- I added a dairy dessert – pan-baked shortbread, which I am snacking on now, as I type this!
Guess I’d better get going on the rest of the stuff… let’s see: corn, sweepoes, cholent, green beans. That’s not so much, right???