Simplified Hot-Weather* Shavuos Menu 2011
Two low-key meals at home, and two reasonably low-key meals away. Crossing stuff out as it’s done:
Lunch – Mommy
Dairy – Just us
Dairy – Us + Judy
Squash kugel (nope!) or
Manicotti (no recipe)
KBD carrots and/or Corn
Gulab Jamun Ted’s cheesecake Neapolitan cake Dairy Brownies???prob’ly won’t happen – too darn hot out, and there are ENOUGH desserts, really
Easy salsa-baked gefilte fish (so easy it’s not funny):
- Open a package of frozen gefilte fish. Peel off the paper. Whomp it into a loaf pan.
- Schlop a big jar’s worth of your favourite salsa (give or take: mine had some out of it already) right on top of the fish.
- Bake at 350 for 1.5 hours (1 hour if fish isn’t frozen).
- If you remember, spoon salsa back over the fish while it bakes; if you forget, it’s not the end of the world.
- Serve chilled.
* At last. Of course, after months of FREEZING, it’s “shmoiling” (as my kid would say) in here.
Post a Comment
I love your comments!