So those are my six words:
FREE PRINTABLE FOLDABLE SHABBAT MICRO-BOOK.
Sorry if you don’t think Micro and Book are all one word!!!
I figure I won’t have time for creativity much between now and Pesach (ha ha ha ha), but I’ve been wanting to do a couple of Jewish song books for some of our favourite “Shabbat Circle Time” songs. So I got busy with this and before I knew it, well, Saturday was almost over and I hadn’t posted my 6WS yet. So this is it!
Click the image for the download link, but for pete’s sake, I know folks are seeing these and downloading them – please leave a comment to say Hi!!! And do check out my other printables and previous book-like things for kids.
These mini-books used to mystify me – my sister could do it, but I couldn’t. I have since mastered the art, and am happy to pass along whatever I have learned. Hope this is helpful!
- Download and print the one-page mini-book.
- Cut carefully, only along dotted line in the centre. (hard to see in the picture)
3. Fold the paper lengthwise – the “hot dog” fold (bc it’s long and thin)
4. Fold the paper widthwise – the “hamburger” fold (bc it’s short and fat)
5. Lie the paper upside-down and fold the outer “wings” towards the centre.
6. Lie the paper right-side-up and fold the outer “wings” AGAIN towards the centre.
7. Fold the book hot-dog style again, and stand it up like a tent. See how the middle pages now bow naturally outward because of your folds?
8. Grab the middle sections and “pinch” them in towards each other, like this:
9. Now you have a four-pointed star thing:
10. Fold the inner pages neatly back and press the mini-book flat with the cover and back page facing upwards:
11. Your mini-book is done!
12. Optional: secure the fold and inner page with two staples on the spine.
Other “weekly challenges” I play: