PLEASE JOIN US! If you homeschool and plan your schedule week by week, please add your blog to comments section below!
Other “weekly memes” I participate in that may or may not interest you:
Did you catch the Jewish Homeschooling Blog Carnival last week??? If not, check it out here. And if you homeschool and blog, I want to hear about it – submit your blog for our next carnival at the start of Kislev!
GREAT GIVEAWAY! I don’t know why I’m posting this, because I really don’t want the competition… but I’d love for either me or one of my readers to walk away with a game of Pick and Draw, a cartooning card game that inspires kids. Mommzy at Our Jewish Homeschool Blog is giving away one deck at her blog at the end of the month. See how I made the link really small, so maybe you wouldn’t see it? ;-)
At last, a quiet lounging around the house day - yay. Ted is home, nothing to do with the holiday long weekend, but he worked yesterday and just happens to be off today. Still, the kids are screaming, so I have kind of thrown this together and it is very subject to change as the week goes on.
- Ant animation! (= science plus NFB workshop follow-up)
Monday (Ted off, programs cancelled due to holiday):
- Davening (now using Artscroll Children’s Siddur)
- Reading practice (one old, one new Bob Book)
- Hebrew story reading (library book: מטילדה עושה צרות)
- Hebrew writing practice with “Ants” sheet which we never got to last week
- Outdoor time: collect ants plus dirt/sand (raid local school’s sand box)
- Reading together: Almost finished the INTERMINABLE Little House Book…
- Supper with family
- Tuesday-morning aerobics & free childcare (GZ cried when I dropped him off last week, so we’ll see how it goes…)
- Hebrew: Alef-bet learning site
- Science: “Suggested reading” - ants (Usborne First Book of Nature)
- Science: Ants (life cycle) colouring page & labelling
- Science/Hebrew: Finish “Ants” Hebrew Song & Copywork Sheet
Phonics: Explode the Code Handwriting Without Tears: Letters and Numbers for Me Starfall Books / Activities
- Dunno what we actually did… mostly got dressed & ready to go
- Oh! - Science/Art: Fingerprint ant pictures (moved from Thursday at Naomi’s request)
- And Reading practice (one old, one new Bob Book)
- Science: Homeschool Seeds Workshop at Wings of Paradise Butterfly Conservatory
- Math: Miquon Orange & rods
- Starfall Books / Activities
Math/Science: Split-pea bin or change it up and use rice? Hide objects in the rice/peas? Make it more fun. (DIDN’T GET TO THIS LAST WEEK)(OR THIS WEEK, I guess!) Outdoor time (weather permitting)NOPE, COLD & RAINING!
- Handwriting Without Tears: Letters and Numbers for Me
- Phonics: Explode the Code
- Science/Reading together: Last “ant” reading selections (Living Learning Books)
- Science: Update reading/library log & do summary/narration
- Start Parsha (from My First Parsha Reader)
- Family library time (& my Thursday-night aerobics class)
BRCD Sign with Young Childrenclass cancelled this week!
- Parsha Review (parsha poem)
- NEW: Parsha Narration & illustration (didn’t work out last week… let’s try it again!)
- Gdcast parsha video
Resources mentioned this week (some repeated from last week):
“Ants” Hebrew(ish) Song & Copywork
Other Resources mentioned this week:
Here is ours http://fairion.blogspot.com/2010/10/homeschool-diary-3-cheshvan-5771.htmlReplyDelete
Fantastic - I will check it out!ReplyDelete
By the way, I don't want to box anybody into a day-by-day format.
Whatever you prefer to post is great! A weekly summary of learning objectives, a few key "lessons" you'd like to get to, events/outings planned... you know, really it can be ANYTHING.
I only decided on a day-by-day format for our homeschool because that may save me the trouble of doing detailed lesson planning, plus (if I update it properly) give me a journal to look back on to compensate for my lousy memory!
So don't hold back - grab the logo and post ANYTHING!