Okay, I’m stuck. In a rut. No inspiration. What will we have for Shabbos? (yeah, I know it’s 1 p.m. and Shabbos is in only 6 hours)
UPDATE: Alright, it’s now 7:00 p.m. and I am changing this to list our FINAL Shabbos food items before shutting down for the next 25 hours!
- Challah (Maggie Glezer’s Breadsmith Challah recipe)
- Soup (didn’t bother making it because we have so much frozen) w/kneidlach
- Mommy is making duck – I hope she saves the fat because I was just told that
- Duck-fat roasted small potatoes is the most delicious thing to have on the side
- Broccoli & potato kugel
- Turkey meatballs heated up w/s&s dipping sauce
- Slicey meats
- Urgh; is everything meat??? Can we not have some veggies in this meal?
- Okay, I’m happy bc Ted made Green beans
- Yes, we have some!
- Lemon cake – from a mix, with real lemon juice & icing sugar
- Fudge brownie cookies – from a mix, with white-choco chips added!
Okay, off to put GZ to bed. Hopefully, I’ll update soon. Please forgive me, family. Please forgive me, world. Please forgive me, Hashem for giving your holy precious Shabbos – our 52nd in the last year – short shrift. I have been sick this week and only just feeling slightly better this morning.